Kearney, Neb (KGFW) – The Kearney Police department at the beginning of each month puts out where it will prioritize traffic enforcement based on calls, warnings and other factors.
For the month of December these areas are below:
The K.P.D. Priority Traffic Enforcement program began January 1 of this year.
There are three objectives of this program:
1) Educate citizens of lawful and safe driving habits through traditional and social media.
2) Gain voluntary compliance from the public, through aggressive traffic statute enforcement practices that are specific to locate, time and type of violation.
3) Reduce the number of vehicle collisions at high traffic volume intersections and roadways.
The criteria will for determining these locations will be based on:
Accidents and causes
Public Complaints – Please Use Access Kearney to report
Calls for Service Load
Officer / Supervisor Observations and Recommendations
Priority Traffic Enforcement Areas for December are:
1) W. 48th Street (2nd Avenue – 17th Avenue) Times: All Day
2) 27th Street / N Avenue Times: 2:30 – 3:30 p.m.
3) Talmadge Street / 2nd Avenue Times: 7:00 – 8:00 p.m.
While officers may enforce any observed violations, the targeted violations will be speed enforcement, Traffic Signal Violation, Improper wide turns, and other observed traffic violations.