The Nebraska football team held their fifth practice of the spring yesterday. Head coach Scott Frost briefly met with reporters after the workout. He seemed pleased with his team’s effort and attitude. Frost also said a few key members of the team will be out this spring, but are expected to be ready by the fall. Among those who will sit out the rest of the spring are senior defensive end Ben Stille, new grad transfer running back Markese Stepp, true freshman cornerback Marques Buford and long-snapper Cade Mueller.
One of the many members of the defense returning this year is senior safety Deontai Williams. He said he and his teammates are back because they feel they have unfinished business on both the playing field, and in the locker room. He said the team’s decision to skip a bowl game was culture issue that needs to be fixed. Defensive line coach Tony Tuioti, inside linebacker coach Barrett Ruud, defensive linemen Casey Rogers and Ty Robinson, and safeties Marquel Dismuke and Deontai Williams all spoke with the media yesterday. You can find links to those interviews at HUSKERMAX.com. The Husker’s Red-White Spring game is set for Saturday, May 1st. More than half of the available spring game tickets have already been sold.
High School Results & Schedules:
– Kearney vs. Norfolk – 5:00 @ Ryder Park in GI (ON KGFW)
– Kearney vs. Grand Island – 7:00 @ Ryder Park in GI (ON KGFW)
– Kearney vs. Lincoln High – 10:00 @ Sherman Field in Lincoln (ON KGFW)
– Kearney vs. Lincoln North Star – 1:00 @ Den Hartog Field in Lincoln (ON KGFW)
– Kearney High Girls @ Fremont – 4:30 @ Christensen Field
– Kearney High Boys vs. Fremont – 7:00 @ KHS
– Kearney High Girls @ Lincoln Southwest – 1:00 @ Seacrest Field
– Kearney High Boys vs. Lincoln Southwest – 1:00 @ KHS
– Kearney Catholic @ Hershey (DUAL) – 4:00
– Kearney High @ Omaha Invite – 8:00 Koch Tennis Center
– Kearney Catholic @ Ralston Invite – 9:00